Dwelling in the future + New Perspectives
In 2016, which seems very far away, the Manifest of the Hostile Words was born.In point 1 it states “Virtual is real”. This principle implies that virtual has taken the form of a real world, new and newly born, populated by people and groups that interact or oppose each other, building relationships or wrecking them. A world made of “bubbles” blown by algorithms, overloaded with information, true and false, in which words echo and are stones becoming boulders..
On this Tangible Day, we will be guided by Maura Gancitano through the worst behaviors and manifestations that inhabit the web and we will reason on the principles that can guide us to find solutions that can make it more habitable and ecological. Hovering between virtual and real, Arianna Ciccarelli and Anna Sabella of Artdisk will help us read and interpret the meanings behind the advertising communication, offline and online, to learn how to listen to words and see images outside our bubble.
Morning with Tlon and Artdisk
09:30 - 11:30
Round table with Maura Gancitano, Arianna Ciccarelli and Anna Sabella.
The round table will be chaired by Nicole Romanelli and Pietro Gregorini, authors and promoters of Solo in Cartolina in 2018, a campaign against deaths at sea. Follow the live streaming on our Facebook page.
Afternoon with Artdisk
This part of the day is reserved exclusively for the Tangible team members.
12:00 - 14:00
Introduction to inclusive communication.
15:00 - 18:00
Writing and communicating inclusively (workshop).
Content mentioned during the round table
- [EU paper] Europe moving towards a sustainable future - Contribution of the SDG Multi-Stakeholder Platform to the Reflection Paper “Towards a sustainable Europe by 2030” October 2018
- [News] New roads, an inclusive project by Lavazza (September 2020)
- [Article] Gender neutral pronouns in the Italian language
- [Official EU document] Gender-neutral language in the European Parliament
- [Interview] Searching for a gender-neutralaty in the Italian language, an interview with Vera Gheno (by The Submarine)
- [Live Streaming] "Non me n'ero accorta", a series of live streams by Djarah Kan, Oiza Q. Obasuyi and Esperance Hakuzwimana
- [Project] Hating costs you
- [Report] Hate Speech, a European report (and the Italian situation) against online hate-speech (2016)
- [Official EU document] Silence Hate!, a report about online hate-speech in 4 European countries (2016)
- [TED Talk] “Why Brexit happened”, by Alex Brett (2016)
- [TED Talk] “Facebook’s role in Brexit - and the threat to democracy”, by Carole Cadwalladr (2019)